The Freeride World Tour is back for another action-packed season! 5 stops in five different countries, across 2 continents, all culminating in the legendary face of the Bec des Rosses in the Verbier Xtreme.
As autumn begins to quickly spread through the high mountains, the moment to announce the Freeride World Tour (FWT) 2023 calendar has finally arrived, and the world’s best Freeriders will be back again soon charging hard for the world title in the 16th version of this iconic series.
Last season the FWT has revamped the championship format. The exciting changes will ensure again the world’s top Freeriders get the best opportunity to compete for the world title and continue to push the progression of the sport into new realms.
Following the competition in Ordino Arcalís, the CUT will take place. Athletes qualification will be made to the field based on riders’ top two results, with the top 26 riders (12 ski men, 5 ski women, 5 snowboard men, 4 snowboard women) qualified for the final two events of the year: The FWT Finals.
The first Finals event at Saalbach Fieberbrunn will feature again a revolutionary best-of-two-runs format.
Also fueling performance is the redesigned Tour point system, with both FWT Finals events awarding increased points towards the overall Tour ranking (12,500 points for 1st place instead of 10,000). Expect riders to deliver even bolder performances during the Finals, in particular when they face off on the most legendary venue of all, Verbier’s Bec des Rosses.
1. FREERIDE WORLD TOUR KICKING HORSE, January 13-18, 2023; Location: Kicking Horse, Golden, British Columbia, Canada.
2. FREERIDE WORLD TOUR BAQUEIRA BERET, January 28 - February, 2023; Location: Baqueira Beret, Spain.
3. FREERIDE WORLD TOUR ORDINO ARCALIS - ANDORRA, February 4-9, 2023; Location: Ordino Arcalis, Andorra.
4. FREERIDE WORLD TOUR SAALBACH FIEBERBRUNN, March 11 -17, 2023; Location: Saalbach Fieberbrunn, Kitzbüheler Alpen, Austria
5. XTREME VERBIER Date: March 25 - April 2, 2023; Location: Verbier, Switzerland